General Course Rules
- No person shall play golf before or after the golf course designated hours.
- Golfers must play in groups of four when determined by staff due to busy time periods. Groups of five are allowed only if approved by the Golf Professional.
- Golfers are asked to maintain good course condition for golfers that follow. Golfers must replace all divots, rake bunkers and fix ball marks on greens.
- Players are expected to complete 9-holes in no more than 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Golfers must pay the greens fee or present their season pass at the golf shop to obtain a receipt for their round. Receipts must be in the golfer’s possession during time of play.
- For safety reasons, unauthorized people are not permitted to walk, ride or rest on the golf course premises. If someone wishes to walk along a golfer, they need to get permission from the Golf Professional.
- No personal beverage coolers are allowed. Coolers are permitted for medical reason only and need to be approved by the Golf Professional.
- Per Connecticut Liquor Laws, bringing alcohol on the property is prohibited.
- The Golf Commission may restrict any golfer from the course for a specified time for flagrant or repeated violations of golf course rules.
Rangers have full authority on the course. Players not adhering to the rules and regulations may be asked to leave without refund of fees.
Dress Code Policy
- Golfers are required to be properly dressed for golf. Shirts, slacks, and shorts are considered appropriate. Bathing suits are not permitted.
- Golf shoes or approved footwear are required at all times. The Town of Berlin does not allow metal spikes.
- All players must obtain a greens fee receipt prior to starting play.
- Golfers are expected to tee off at their assigned tee time after purchasing a greens fee.
- All players are to start off on the 1st tee unless directed differently from the Golf Shop staff or the Starter.
- Any player stopping in the clubhouse coming from the 9th hole may forfeit their right to continue in the order of play on the 10th tee. If they do so, they will only be allowed to continue to the 10th tee at the discretion of the starter. All players must maintain their playing position without undue delay on the course at all times.
Golf Cart Operating Rules
Players who are 16 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license may rent a golf cart and are reminded to follow the Operation Instructions designated on each golf cart.
- Maximum of 2 riders per cart.
- Maximum of 2 bags per cart.
- Maximum of 2 carts per foursome.
- You must check-in to the Golf Shop and receive a receipt to rent a golf cart for use.
- 2 Single riders in a group will not be permitted.
- Golf cart rentals stop 1 hour before Golf Shop closing. Hours vary.
- No children left unattended in the cart.
- Keep carts at least 30 feet from tees and greens.
- Use cart paths and be sure to drive around bunkers.
Rain Check Policy
- Rain checks are issued if the golf course has closed due to inclement weather or at the discretion of the Golf Professional Staff.
- 18-hole rain checks will be given out if the player has not completed 4 holes. 9-hole rain checks will be given out if the player has not completed 4 holes on a 9-hole round or 13 holes on an 18-hole round.
- Each golfer is responsible for monitoring potential hazardous weather. Golfers are encouraged to seek shelter at the first sign of threatening conditions!
Rain Checks are valid only at Timberlin Golf Club for the current golf season.
Driving Range Rules
- Players must practice from the designated hitting areas.
- The driving range allows hitting up to 200 yards. Please do not hit shots past the 200 yard sign.
- Buckets for range balls must be left on the range upon completion of use.
**Buckets of range balls can be purchased in the Golf Shop.